- 300g left over roast chicken or cooked chicken fillets
- 230g cream cheese
- Spring onions, finely chopped (optional)
- A little bit of flour for dusting
- 400g roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Cut chicken in small cubes or flake the chicken with a fork.
2. Add the cream cheese, your favourite seasoning (I love Ina Paarman's Parmesan Seasoning) and spring onions. Mix well. The mixture is relatively firm.
3. Lightly dust your work surface with the flour. Place the puff pastry on the work surface and cut out 12 circles and 12 small stars. Place a tablespoon of the filling onto each puff pastry circle. Make sure to place it only on one half of the circle. Fold over the other half of the dough to form a half moon. Crimp the edges with a fork, place a star on top and lightly brush with the egg wash.
4. Place the pies on a greased baking tray in a 180 C preheated oven and bake for 15-20min until the pastry is golden brown.