Oh jolly joy, all the happy Christmas vibes are starting to make an appearance! Can you feel it?
Our Merry & Bright Christmas shoot with all its beautiful colours, ideas and smiles will certainly get you into the holiday mood. We teamed up with the lovely Caley from Ellie Love Blog to create a simple and easy theme so you can focus on a whole lot of family fun this season – that is after all the most important thing.
The main element in all it’s bright and colourful glory had to be the traditional pompom! Have you ever made one? It’s super easy, inexpensive and you can get the entire family in on the action. Play with different types of yarn, colours and sizes and make it a holiday activity by letting your little ones make their very own ornaments for the tree.
We happily made proper use of all the bright pompoms that Kerryn and her team from The Arty Party had made for us:
- For the tree – Various Christmas ornaments including little pompoms in clear ball baubles.
- For the wall – A wreath, the JOY letters and a special touch to the stockings.
- For the gifts – Added them to the tags.
- For the treats – A Cake topper and look-a-like cake pops.
- For the table – Finished off our tree napkins.
- For the advent calendar – Placed them on the surprises (you can add them to the tree after opening).
Our second element was the Christmas tree and we used it in all kinds of shapes and sizes:
- For the tree – The actual Christmas tree and we are completely in love with the colour pop against the white.
- For the gifts – Tags in tree shapes and the greeting cards with tree designs.
- For the treats – A buttercream cake, the sweetest cupcakes and the prettiest pink macaroon trees.
- For the table – The paper tree centre piece and the tree folded napkins.
- For the advent calendar – A tree made from sticks and strings to easily pin the little surprises on.
Inspiring you with a whole bag full of family fun and holiday activities, we added the loveliest Christmas greeting cards for sending out to family and friends, some colourful gift tags and a special Letter to Santa. Have your little one’s been naughty or nice this year? Then let the count down begin with an easy advent calendar. Using paper bags, number stickers and some pompoms, we added little surprises for each day. You can add a note, some treats, an old forgotten toy, something new, anything that will get your little ones excited! You have 24 to fill…
Even though we absolutely love all the Christmas decor, gifting and crafting, in the end it’s all about family and spending quality time together… and good food of course! Think roasts, vegetables and salads like the delicious feast that Renegade Kitchen had prepared for us. If you do not like spending to much time in the kitchen, then take a break this year and order your feast to share from them (Durban based).
Lastly, we just had to add a little something sweet to seal the deal… ok, maybe it was a whole lot of something sweet! Lucy from Cakelab made two absolutely divine buttercream cakes, one with our bright pompom topper and the other one with swirling Christmas trees. She also made all the decedent treats and has shared her ginger man cookie recipe with us! Can we please give some extra love to her globe cupcakes and macaroons trees, they are simply amazing and we just had to use them as part of the table setting. The girl’s also enjoyed the gourmet milkshakes with their treats and we think Santa will also enjoy his milk and cookies this year!
We have some amazing DIYs and downloadable items to share with you, it will be our gift to you.
May you be inspired to create and share beautiful decor, good food and valuable family time this year.
Have a Merry & Bright Christmas!
Concept, Planning & Styling : Poppit & Finch and Ellie Love Blog
Photography : Poppit & Finch
Celebration Stationary : The Arty Party
Cakes & Treats : Cakelab
Food : Renegade Kitchen
Models : Ellie Love Blog and her gorgeous family
Girl’s Clothing :Cotton On Kids